Monday, November 15, 2010

Don't touch me if you don't mean it. Don't tell me you love me if it's not from your heart.

by Joyce Adedayo Adams on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 6:00am
I am a woman. I respond to touch. I was fashioned in a special way
My core is a soft rib and my casing the soft red earth
My whole being is soft to touch, feel and behold
When you touch me, I respond to your touch
But when you lie to me and touch me, my body betrays me and responds anyway
Because I am a woman and I respond to touch

I am a product of touch. I am a product of the love between a man and a woman
My father touched my mother’s cheek
Kissed her and told her she was the fairest of them all
There I was bred in the fading moonlight
With a lone star shining at it’s brightest for my coming
I am a woman and I respond to touch

As a baby, I nestled and nursed from the loving arms of my mother
As a child, I discovered heaven is the soft cuddle of my mother’s arms
As a girl, I blushed at the tingling feelings from my toes
My first kiss, my first love, my slow painful walk to adulthood
As a young woman, I learned finally
To know when a touch is really a touch
Because I am a woman and I respond to touch

So, don’t touch me if you don’t mean it, don’t tell me you love me if it’s not from your heart
I will not die if you don’t touch me
But your touch of lies will be a stab to my fragile heart
Just be kind and step aside and watch the sun smile on me
Just be kind and take a step back and watch real love come my way
Do be kind and stay your hand, because I am ready to blossom like a daffodil on a bright sunny day
A touch is coming my way, like I have never felt before
A touch just for me, made for me
Because I am a woman and I respond to touch

By: Joyce Adedayo (2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment